As at: 11.07.2023
I. Contact information of the provider
Hornetdrive is a service of the TeamDrive Systems GmbH:
Information provided according to Sec. 5 German Telemedia Act (TMG):
TeamDrive Systems GmbH
the managing directors Detlef Schmuck und Ulrich Zimmer
Telephone: +49 40 607709 300
Telefax: +49 40 389 044-44
Entry in the Handelsregister.
Registering court: Hamburg
Registration number: HRB 93133
VAT Id number according to Sec. 27 a German Value Added Tax Act:
Responsible for contents acc. to Sec. 55, para. 2 German Federal Broadcasting Agreement (RstV):
Detlef Schmuck und Ulrich Zimmer
II. Product information
Hornetdrive enables the user to store his data securely, redundantly and encrypted on multiple platforms and makes them available for retrieval. The data is stored in the Hornetdrive cloud in multi-secured data centres and on the various drive installations of users.
Files stored in Hornetdrive are always encrypted with an AES-256 algorithm before being uploaded to the user’s terminal device. The keys, in turn, are stored and transmitted exclusively in encrypted form. This ensures that unauthorised persons can never see these files in unencrypted form.
In certain versions of the software client, users can share individual files for download via a web link. These files are stored unencrypted in the Hornetdrive cloud after release.
III. General information on data processing
The basis of effective data protection is comprehensive information about the collection, processing and use of your data (“data processing”). Therefore we would like to inform you,
- when or during which actions we process data,
- which data we process and for what reasons,
- who receives data,
- which rights you have because of the data processing by us.
The transfer of information to or from this website is secured with TLS encryption.
You can download this data protection declaration permanently and at any time under the address
https://hornetdrive.com/en/privacy-policy read, print or download.
For the Hornetdrive service, the following data is collected, processed or used by Hornetsecurity within the framework of the provision of the Hornetdrive service:
- User’s access data: email address and password (required to run the service),
- Other user data: name, phone, mobile number (if entered by the user). This data is used for communication between users and is not used by Hornetsecurity itself. The input of this data is voluntary and not necessary for the performance of the service.
- Data about the drives set up by the user (necessary for the execution of the service): name of the drive, size, access rights of other users to the drive, size of data transmission to and from the drive,
- Data on the devices used by the user with Hornetdrive (required to perform the service): name of the device, platform of the device, installed Hornetdrive version, date/time of the first and last connection, IP address during installation,
- Data stored by the user in the encrypted drives in Hornetdrive (actual user data of the user, cannot be viewed by Hornetsecurity due to encryption).
2. Scope of the processing of personal data
The provision of the website requires the processing of various information. In addition, the extent of data processing depends on your use of the functionalities of the website, for example if you communicate with us via the contact form or consent to the processing of data.
You are not obliged to provide us with personal data. However, as far as the provision of this data is technically connected with the access to our site, a refusal means that you cannot enter and use our website.
As a visitor to our websites, you are not subject to automated decision-making within the meaning of Art. 22 GDPR.
3. Legal basis for the processing of personal data
The legal basis for the processing of this information and all data stored in the services of Hornetsecurity is the necessity to fulfill the existing contractual relationship (see tab “Service agreement”). Further use by Hornetsecurity for its own purposes, advertising etc. does not take place.
|Legal basis in the GDPR
|Performance of contract or execution
|Art. 6 para. 1 b)
|Processing shall only take place to the extent necessary for the exercise and fulfilment of the rights and obligations arising from the contract. Unless expressly stated otherwise, data processing by us shall only take place to this extent.
|Art. 6 para. 1 f)
|Processing will take place if we have a legitimate interest and no contrary overriding interests of the data subject are apparent. The concrete interest is explained in this data protection declaration in the context of the processing representation.
|Art. 6 para. 1 a)
|Processing takes place if you have expressly agreed to the type and scope of data processing. You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future. However, the processing carried out up to this point in time will not be affected by this.
|Art. 6 para. 1 c)
|A processing takes place, as far as this is necessary for the fulfilment of German or European legal obligations.
4. Data processing of customer data by third parties
- The processing of customer data is basically carried out by Hornetsecurity itself. Basic services (computer centre services, Internet connection, transport and installation of systems and data carriers) are outsourced to third parties; no personal data is transferred to these third parties.
- The computer centres used are located in Germany. There is no transfer to third countries.
5. Technical and organisational measures
- The provider guarantees the technical and organizational measures required within the framework of the proper processing of the order in accordance with Art. 32 GDPR.
- By encrypting the data before uploading it to the Hornetdrive cloud, the provider has no access to the uploaded user data and cannot obtain it himself.
- The technical and organisational measures taken by the provider are listed „here“. They are regularly reviewed and adapted to technical progress.
6. Data erasure and storage duration
We will delete your personal data as soon as the legal basis for its processing no longer applies. In some cases, however, legal bases can also exist in parallel or, if a legal basis no longer exists, a new one can intervene, such as, for example, the obligation to store certain data in order to comply with a legal storage obligation.
IV. Data processing for the provision of the website
In order for us to be able to display the website to you, it is necessary to process certain information. This already takes place when you access our website. In addition, we offer various functions on our website that require further data processing.
1. Log files
When you use our services or access our website, various information is passed on to our servers. We need this information to establish and maintain the connection. This data also includes your IP address, which we treat as a personal date. In addition, the following data is collected:
- IP address and source port of the client (if necessary NAT-IP)
- Time stamp
- Type of connection request
- Protocol version
- Website requested by the client
- Possible occurring error code(s) from the squid / detailed error description
- HTTP status code from requested server
- HTTP status code forwarded to client
- Browser version
- Operating system
We store this data in so-called server log files. This data is not merged with any other data about you. The storage of log files including your IP address serves the legitimate interest of providing our website and the prevention of its misuse. Stored log files will be deleted after 14 months at the latest, unless a longer storage period is necessary, for example to fend off or clear up an attack on our website.
The use of technically required cookies and the associated data processing is based on our legitimate interest in a technically flawless and comfortable use of our website. Technical cookies are usually deleted automatically when you close your browser (session cookies), in other cases only after some time (persistent cookies). The storage period of persistent cookies is determined by the provider and can be viewed by you in your browser, for example.
3. Contact forms
At various points on our website you will find contact forms which you can use at any time to send us an enquiry or, for example, request an offer for one of our services. For general enquiries, the following information is requested: recipient at Hornetsecurity, company, name, email address, phone and your message. When you request a quote for our services, you must provide the following information: Company, title, surname, email address, telephone number, desired service and the number of planned users. The data are marked as mandatory fields. All other data which you transmit to us within the scope of the inquiry, also via the free text field, are voluntary.
We use this data exclusively for answering your enquiry and the associated communication. The legal basis for this processing of your data depends on the content of your request. In principle, our legitimate interest in providing the contact functionality and answering your query transmitted via it applies here. If your inquiry is directed to the conclusion of a contract with us, the processing takes place within the framework of this pre-contractual obligation.
Your data will be deleted as soon as your request has been processed. If a contract is concluded, we may process the data to fulfill the contract.
4. Test-Onboarding (“Test Hornetdrive”)
To test our Hornetdrive service, you can register directly via our website. To do this, we need various personal information about you and any data relating to the service. The mandatory fields are marked accordingly. All other information is provided voluntarily.
In this respect, the legal basis for the processing is the implementation of pre-contractual measures or the necessity for the fulfilment of the contract. The storage period shall be measured accordingly on the basis of the duration of the contractual relationship. However, alternative legal bases, such as statutory storage periods, may intervene after the end of the contractual relationship.
5. Google Fonts
We use so-called web fonts from Google to display fonts. When you call up a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser in order to display texts and fonts correctly. To do this, your browser connects to Google, which tells Google that our website has been accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Fonts is based on our legitimate interest in a consistent and appealing presentation of our web pages. If your browser does not support Google Fonts or Web Fonts, your device will use a standard font.
6. Social media plug-ins
If you like content from our website, you can go directly to our social media pages via buttons, where you have the option of sharing corresponding content. For this purpose, corresponding social media links are integrated into our website.
If you enter a subpage on which the social media links are integrated and follow these, your browser establishes a direct connection to the servers of the respective operators. When the connection is established, various pieces of information, including your IP address, are sent to the operators and stored by them. Since the operators are mostly based in the USA, the information is also stored there. It is possible that the operators may find out that your browser has accessed the relevant subpage of our website. This also applies if you do not have a user account with the social media network or microblogging service or are not logged on to our website at the time you visit it.
The same applies to any integrated plugins: If you are logged into your account at the same time, the operator assigns your visit to our website as well as any further interaction with the plugin (e.g. by activating the respective consent buttons, comments) directly to your account and saves this information. These actions may also be visible to other users of the network. You can prevent this data processing by not pressing the buttons. You can also log out of your social media network before visiting our site. In addition, you can also use add-ons such as the script blocker „NoScript“ (http://noscript.net) for your browser to prevent the execution of social media plug-ins in general.
The legal basis for data processing is our legitimate interest in providing you with an easy way to share information from our website on social media networks and microblogging services, thereby increasing our visibility.
Our website uses the following social media plugins:
7. Other personal data
We would like to point out again that on this website Google Analytics has been extended by the code “_anonymizeIp();” in order to guarantee an anonymous recording of IP addresses (so-called IP masking). Hornetsecurity GmbH therefore does not store any personal data of a website visitor.
Clearly personal data is only collected if you provide it voluntarily, e.g. for a service or support enquiry via a contact form, by e-mail, online or in writing. In order to process your request, we may forward your personal data to the relevant department. Your personal data will be processed and stored via the OTRS ticket system and our servers. In addition, the data will not be passed on to third parties or used for purposes other than those stated in each case. Personal data that is transmitted to us (e.g. name, address, telephone number, fax number or email address) is used exclusively to answer your enquiry or to process your request. They will only be stored by us for as long as is necessary for the aforementioned purposes or as we are legally obliged to store them. You have the possibility to withdraw your consent at any time. For this purpose, please contact our data protection officer (see above). We would like to point out that e-mail messages in unencrypted form are not an absolutely secure means of communication against access by third parties and, in particular, are also accessible to the e-mail provider.
1. Google (Universal) Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). Google uses a cookie to collect information about your use of the website (including your IP address) in the United States and to store that information. However, we use Google Analytics exclusively with an anonymization function, in which the IP address is shortened by Google before transmission within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transmitted to Google in the USA and only shortened there. Google analyses the information collected and sends us reports on the usage activities on our website and provides us with further services in this respect. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not combined with other data from Google.
In addition to blocking all cookies by your browser, you can prevent Google from processing your data by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
As an alternative to the browser plug-in or within browsers on mobile devices, please click the following link to set an opt-out cookie that will prevent Google Analytics from collecting cookies from this site in the future (this opt-out cookie only works in this browser and only for this domain, delete your cookies in this browser, you must click this link again): Deactivate Google Analytics under http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
For more information about Google Analytics, please see Google’s privacy statement: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=d.
2. Google AdWords
Our website uses Google’s advertising tool “Google AdWords” including its conversion tracking. We use this tool to determine how successful advertising for our services is on websites other than our own. For this purpose, a conversion cookie is set when you click on one of our advertisements. This cookie enables us to recognize that you have reached our website via this ad. We use such usage statistics to compile statistics to evaluate the conversion of our advertisements. We do not receive any information about you personally. The conversion cookie set in your browser is individual and cannot be used by other Google AdWords customers for their statistics. You can prevent tracking by deactivating the conversion tracking cookie in your browser settings.
We also use the Doubleclick service from Google. A cookie is set and your browser is assigned a pseudonymous identification number (ID). The cookie determines whether and which advertisements were displayed and clicked in your browser. This allows us to better tailor your advertising to your interests. Since we have activated the IP anonymisation of Google on this website, your IP address is also shortened within the framework of Doubleclick before Google transmits it within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area and only in exceptional cases the full IP address is transmitted to Google in the USA and only shortened there. Google analyses the information collected and sends us reports on the usage activities on our website. and provides us with further services in this respect. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not combined with other data from Google. In addition to the general options mentioned above to prevent cookies, you can also prevent Google from storing the double-click cookie by downloading an appropriate browser plug-in. You will find this here.
Irrespective of this, you can generally object to the use of such cookies via various third party sites, e.g:
- Network advertising initiative: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/
- aboutads: http://www.aboutads.info/choices
- Youronlinechoices: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices/
The legal basis for data processing for analysis purposes is our legitimate interest in the statistical evaluation of your user behaviour in order to constantly optimise and better market our website and services.
VI. Possibility of opposition and removal
If the data processing is based on your consent or our legitimate interest, you have the right at any time to object to the processing or to revoke your consent. Your objection or revocation has only effect for the future. If the analysis cookies used offer their own technical possibilities for deactivation, this is shown there in each case. You can exercise your right of objection or revocation at any time by sending an email to us. If you object to a processing based on our legitimate interest. If you object to a processing based on our legitimate interest, we may nevertheless continue the processing if we can prove compelling reasons for the processing worthy of protection which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms. You can also revoke the consent to data collection and use given to us when setting up a test or license account at any time without giving reasons.
VII. Rights of data subjects
If data relating to your person is processed, you are the data subject within the meaning of Art. 4 para. 1 GDPR. As a data subject, you are entitled to the following rights with regard to your personal data. To exercise these rights, you can contact us using the contact details given above.
Right to information pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR
You have a right to information about your personal data processed by us. This includes the mandatory information set out in Art. 15 GDPR.
Right to rectification under Art. 16 GDPR
You have the right to have false personal data corrected without delay and to complete inaccurate personal data.
Right to cancellation according to Art. 17 GDPR
You have the right to demand the deletion of your personal data if one of the reasons stated in Art. 17 GDPR applies, in particular if there is no longer a legal basis for the processing.
Right to limitation of processing pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR
You have the right to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data if one of the reasons stated in Art. 18 GDPR applies, in particular at your request instead of deletion of the data.
Right to data transferability pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR
You have the right to request that all personal data we hold about you be disclosed to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format and to transfer this data to another responsible person without interference from the responsible person to whom the personal data was provided.
Right to appeal to the competent supervisory authority, Art. 77 GDPR
Pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, you have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for you.
VIII. Transfer of data to third countries
The personal data that we collect from you within the framework of the website is also transferred to a certain extent to third countries outside the European Economic Area.
When using Google’s tools, in the exceptional cases described above, your IP address may be transmitted to Google LLC unabbreviated and only shortened there.
When you use any social media plug-ins, your IP address and other information will be transmitted to the respective operators.
Google, Facebook and Twitter are each based in the USA and thus in a so-called “third country” in accordance with Art. 44 GDPR. All the companies mentioned are certified under the “EU-US Privacy Shield” data protection agreement, which guarantees compliance with a European level of data protection.
1. Object of this Agreement
1. HORNETDRIVE is a service provided by antispameurope antispameurope GmbH, Am Listholze 78, 30177 Hannover, Germany (hereinafter referred to as “antispameurope”).
2. This Agreement shall regulate the provision of HORNETDRIVE online data storage by antispameurope to the customer.
2. Description of Service
1. HORNETDRIVE enables the secure storage and exchange of files in the Cloud. To this end customers can store documents and files in so-called drives or convert existing folders into drives.
2. Users can create an unlimited number of their own drives in the HORNETDRIVE Cloud.
3. Users and their invited guests can store files in the drives created by the user insofar as they are authorised according to the authorisations established by the user for the respective drive.
4. antispameurope will provide users with storage space in the HORNETDRIVE Cloud for this purpose. The maximum storage volume shall be in accordance with the user’s valid usage licence.
5. When storing files in the drive, older versions of the same file will be deleted or continue to be stored in accordance with the settings selected for the drive by the user. The maximum number of stored versions which can be set is also dependent upon the type of user licence.
6. All of the data stored in a user’s drives taken as a whole – including older versions still in storage – constitute the total storage volume used by the user in the HORNETDRIVE Cloud. Should the actual storage space used reach or exceed the licensed storage provided, no further data can be stored in the user’s drives.
7. The customer shall receive the included data transfer volume corresponding to the license purchased. If necessary, this can be increased by upgrading the license.
8. The data transfer volume shall be reset for each month.
9. After reaching the included data transfer volume, additional data transfer is normally blocked for the current month. Exceeding the included data transfer volume shall cause the customer to be charged for the additional data transfer.
10. Users and their invited guests can access the data stored in the HORNETDRIVE Cloud insofar as they are authorised according to the authorisations established by the user for the respective drive.
11. The customer shall receive the non-exclusive right to use the HORNETDRIVE software client supplied by the provider on an unlimited number of devices. The right is non-transferable. All other software rights shall remain with the provider. Storage of and access to data in the HORNETDRIVE Cloud are exclusively possible via the HORNETDRIVE software clients. Data in the drives used by the user are synchronised automatically or manually with the user’s client system depending on the software version. The licence for the use of the respective HORNETDRIVE client software is included in the licence for the use of the HORNETDRIVE service.
12. Data are encrypted in the software client before they are transferred to the HORNETDRIVE Cloud and decrypted after they have been downloaded from the Cloud. Every drive has its own key. antispameurope has no access to the keys used to encrypt the data and the data stored in the Cloud. If the keys used to encrypt the data in the software client are lost, it will no longer be possible to access the data stored on the respective drive.
13. HORNETDRIVE software clients store backups of the keys used for encryption. Users are urgently recommended to backup these keys regularly.
14. In certain versions of the software client users can release individual files for download via the web link. After their release, these files are stored in unencrypted form in the HORNETDRIVE Cloud.
15. antispameurope provides support to authorised users insofar as its own systems and software are involved. Support for other manufacturers’ systems and software does not form part of the HORNETDRIVE service.
16. antispameurope shall make new versions of the software available via the internet server at irregular intervals. These may contain bug fixes and new features. The provider will inform the customer about the availability of new versions by using the appropriate means of contact (by e-mail, via app shops). The customer is personally responsible for using the latest version of the software. The obligation of ensuring that a HORNETDRIVE service feature functions properly shall only apply to the latest version of the software.
17. antispameurope provides support to authorised users insofar as its own systems and software are involved. Support for other manufacturers’ systems and software does not form part of this contract.
1. The average annual availability of the HORNETDRIVE Cloud is 99.9%. Planned maintenance work is excluded. As far as possible, maintenance work will be carried out at night on weekends (CET).
2. Data will be stored on two redundant storage devices. Redundancy will be restored within four hours upon failure of one storage device.
3. Data in the HORNETDRIVE Cloud will be stored exclusively in encrypted form unless the user explicitly releases individual data for access via web link. antispameurope has no access to encrypted data stored by users in the HORNETDRIVE Cloud.
4. The storage of data in the HORNETDRIVE Cloud is located exclusively in secure data centres in Germany insofar as a storage location has not been established in another country at the explicit wish of the customer.
4. Limitation of Liability
1. antispameurope is liable for damages and compensation for wasted expenditure regardless of the legal basis only in accordance with the following rules:
a) Full liability is accepted in cases of deliberate intent or gross negligence.
b) Below the level of gross negligence, liability is accepted for the amount of foreseeable damage which should be prevented by the obligation to exercise due care but not for consequential damages such as wasted expenditure, savings which fail to materialise or loss of profits.
2. antispameurope’s liability for all cases of damage in accordance with b) is limited per contractual year to the amount of the total annual remuneration paid in that year.
3. Insofar as the customer becomes aware of faults or damage and fails to notify antispameurope immediately, antispameurope shall not be liable for such damage which could have been avoided if immediate notification had been given.
5. Range of Use, Prices and Payments
1. The customer can purchase the service for one or more users.
2. Prices to be paid are according to the terms of the present contract. If no prior contract has been agreed on, the pricing will be applied as advertised in your country.
3. The number of users most recently registered by the customer or the actual number of users is definitive for payment. The higher number shall apply in each case but at least the number stated in the order.
4. Payments are due in advance for the respective term at the beginning of each contractual period. Where changes in usage have taken place during the course of a contractual period, antispameurope will issue an invoice at the end of that contractual period. Surpluses or shortfalls will be settled within 30 days of receipt of invoice.
6. Duration and Termination of this Agreement
1. The Agreement is concluded for a term of 12 months. The agreement will end automatically at the end of this term. The customer needs to purchase a new license for continuous use of the service after the end of a term.
2. After the end of the term, transfer of data or synchronization of data between devices is no longer possible.
3. Data stored in the HORNETDRIVE Cloud will be kept for 30 days after termination of this agreement. All data will be irreversibly deleted after this period.
4. If a customer purchases and activates a new license during the 30 day period after termination of this agreement, his user account will be re-activated and the customer will continue to be able to synchronize data.
5. antispameurope is entitled to extraordinary termination of the agreement in case of a misuse of its service.
6. The right to terminate the contract for good cause shall remain unaffected.
This agreement is subject to the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany. The Amtsgericht (court of first instance) in Hannover is specified as the court of jurisdiction.
Please consult the TeamDrive terms and conditions🔗.
Special rules for consumers – Hornetsecurity GmbH (including legal information)
As of December 2018
1. Scope of application and order of precedence
These Special Regulations apply in addition to the General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter “GTC”) of Hornetsecurity GmbH, Am Listholze 78, 30177 Hannover (hereinafter “Hornetsecurity”) for the conclusion of contracts with customers via the HORNETDRIVE service. These special regulations take precedence over the GTC in case of conflict.
2. Conclusion of contract and correction of input errors
2.1 The presentation of the service packages in the online shop at www.hornetdrive.com does not represent a legally binding offer by Hornetsecurity, but a non-binding online catalogue. The customer can first select the individual service packages there without obligation and place them in his shopping basket. To place a binding order, the customer must enter his personal information in the connected checkout area and click on the button “Order with payment”. Before placing an order, the customer can check his details and correct input errors either directly in this overview, or by pressing the back button of his browser in the previous input windows. The receipt of the order will be confirmed immediately by email. This notification does not constitute an acceptance of the contract. Hornetsecurity can accept the customer’s order by means of an express declaration of acceptance in a separate email or by providing the services within 2 days.
2.2 The complete contract text will be sent to the customer together with the order data by email. The customer can call up the general terms and conditions as well as these special conditions for customers at any time under www.hornetdrive.com
3. Payment options
3.1 The order of the service HORNETDRIVE can be paid by following options:
- credit card
3.2 Payment with the online payment provider PayPal requires the prior registration of a customer account. If this payment option is selected in the ordering process, the customer is redirected to the PayPal registration screen, where he must log in and move forward with the payment. This payment does not yet represent the binding order. This must be done after returning to the checkout area of the Hornetsecurity online shop by clicking on the button “Order payment required”. The General Terms and Conditions of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxembourg (City), Luxembourg apply to this transaction.
3.3 The Customer’s credit card shall be debited at the time of placing the order.
3.4 If payment is made by immediate bank transfer, the service will be provided after receipt of payment. The General Terms and Conditions of SOFORT GmbH, Theresienhöhe 12, 80339 Munich, Germany apply to the transaction.
4. Additions and deviations to the general terms and conditions
4.1 Hornetsecurity shall grant the customer the possibility of an express declaration of acceptance at the beginning of the term before the occurrence of the acceptance fiction in Section 2.2 of the General Terms and Conditions and shall inform him of the significance of his silence in this regard.
4.2 Contrary to Section 7.6. of the GTC, all prices quoted are gross prices including value added tax, unless expressly stated otherwise.
4.3 Clauses 8.1. and 8.2. shall not apply.
4.4 Clause 13.8 of the GTC shall not apply.
The customer has a right of revocation in accordance with the following provisions:
Right of revocation
You have the right to revoke this contract within fourteen days without giving reasons.
The revocation period shall be fourteen days from the date of conclusion of the contract.
In order to exercise your right of revocation, you must inform us (Hornetsecurity GmbH, Am Listholze 78, 30177 Hannover; E-Mail: , Tel.: +49 511 515 464-0) of your decision to revoke this contract by means of a clear declaration (e.g. a letter or email). You can use the attached sample revocation form here, which is not mandatory. If you make use of this option, we will immediately (e.g. by email) send you confirmation of receipt of such a revocation.
In order to comply with the revocation period, it is sufficient for you to send notice of the exercise of the right of revocation before the expiry of the revocation period.
Consequences of revocation
If you revoke this Agreement, we shall reimburse you immediately and no later than fourteen days from the date on which we received notice of your revocation of this Agreement for all payments we have received from you, including delivery charges (other than additional charges arising from your choice of a method of delivery other than the cheapest standard delivery offered by us). We will use the same means of payment used by you in the original transaction for such refund, unless expressly agreed otherwise with you and in no event will you be charged for such refund. If you have requested that the Services be commenced during the withdrawal period, you shall pay us a reasonable amount equal to the proportion of the Services already provided up to the time you notify us of the exercise of the right of withdrawal in respect of this Agreement in relation to the total amount of Services provided in the Agreement.
6. Online dispute resolution and consumer mediation
6.1 Online settlement of disputes pursuant to Art. 14 para. 1 ODR-VO: The European Commission provides a platform for Online Dispute Resolution (OS), which can be accessed at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/ .
6.2 Hornetsecurity is neither willing nor obliged to participate in dispute resolution proceedings before a consumer arbitration body.
The contract language is German.
As at: 23.10.2018
We use the term “cookies” to refer to corresponding or similar technologies that are used by the European data protection directive with regard to electronic exchange.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are files that are stored locally on your computer, on mobile or other devices via your Internet browser. Cookies store your user behaviour on websites for future website visits.
The majority of Internet browsers allow cookies to be set. However, users can individually set which cookies are to be deactivated. Furthermore, visitors of a website have the possibility to delete cookies at any time.
We would like to learn more about your preferences and offer you targeted content through cookies. We also want to improve the user behaviour of our website visitors. For example, we may remember language settings whenever you will visit our website in the future. Cookies also enable us to offer you certain multimedia content. This includes content like videos on our website. For example, through this analysis we can offer you the following targeted content: Personalised advertising, individual product information.
What types of cookies do we use?
Initial provider cookies are cookies that are issued directly by hornetdrive.com. These are cookies for the improvement of the website as well as for the determination of language and location.
Third-party cookies are cookies from other providers, such as business partners or other service providers. Cookies are useful, for example, if it concerns the handling of application processes. This applies in particular to forms.
We also use session cookies. These are temporary cookies. They are used of track the duration of your website visit. They are active until a user closes the Internet browser.
Finally, permanent cookies are used. This type of cookie is also active when you close and reopen your browser. This applies to browsers from both desktops and mobile devices. These cookies enable us to analyze user behavior in detail and determine patterns. This way we can show you targeted advertising and improve functionality.
How to refuse and delete cookies?
More details to the following cookies on this website:
|More information about the cookie / unsubscribe option
|Google Analytics & Tracking
|_ga; _gid; _gat; _utm
|We use the Google Analytics service to track how our campaigns run and how you as a user interact with our website. In this way, we can constantly improve the usability for our visitors.
More information: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Google’s tracking cookies allow us to track the extent to which they perform certain actions on our online presence immediately after you have seen and clicked on one of our ads through Google. Google uses these cookies to analyze what content you’ve viewed on our website so that it can display personalized ads with other Google partners.
More information: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en
|Continues a user’s wp-admin configuration.
|WPML is a multilingual language plugin for WordPress.
|Checks whether the current visitor is a registered WordPress user or not.
|Checks whether cookies are activated to ensure appropriate user friendliness.
|Used as an identifier for webshop.hornetdrive.com to identify a user’s various related requests and to associate them with a session.